Our autumn Out-Law Breakfast Seminars will consider market leading examples and raise the level of discussion on three key areas of concern:
1. What can you use it for and how can you maximise its value?
Big data analytics is currently used to:
• improve the quality of products and services
• enable infrastructure and machinery which businesses depend on to adapt continually and
• improve the performance of employees
• better understand customers
• reduce liability risks
• inform usage based insurance
• improve public sector resourcing and effectiveness
• inform IT systems and data security, but...
2. Who owns the data?
Access to and use of data are restricted by many laws. Rules governing:
• content subject to intellectual property and database rights
• use of 'personal data' under data protection laws
• protection against breaches of confidence
• competition law, and
• laws designed to protect individuals against discrimination
all need to be considered before acting on big data insights, and...
3. How can you manage it and avoid negative regulatory and liability implications?
Come hear our legal solutions.