Pinsent Masons is immersed in the Government's policy agenda and is trusted by Government to provide advice on policy and to deliver it major capital, social, transport and technology infrastructure transformational programmes.
Our team can help you develop and implement successful strategies. We advise on the range of legal issues that will arise in the context of the current Government efficiency reforms, from reviewing commercial arrangements, dealing with procurement and staff issues, implementing internal reorganisations and creating innovative service delivery structures right through to advising on government property rationalisation and regeneration projects.
We have an exceptional track record in advising on major public sector transformation projects. We have one of the largest sourcing teams of any law firm in the UK and we provide full lifecycle support to our clients across the spectrum of commercial activity. Because we actively focus on the Government sector, everyone on your Pinsent Masons team, from any department, understands the challenges facing your business and the context in which you operate. This helps us get to the right answers more quickly and efficiently, and it helps us give you advice in the way you need it.
We work easily in teams, we’re easy to talk to and easy to contact. Our people are approachable, positive and friendly.
Here are some examples of our recent work:
- Advising the Efficiency Reform Group (ERG) of the Cabinet Office in connection with its supplier review programme and with the planning and development of new models for Government business as part of the strategic assessment being undertaken by the ERG.
- Advising DCMS in connection with the procurement of the UKs’ superfast broadband infrastructure.
- Advising the Home Office in relation to its major border control project, e-Borders
- Advising the Cabinet Office on all the legal issues for Public Sector Flex, the first standalone shared services programme.
- Advising DEFRA and DTI on their acquisition of Nirex (the company which advises on the management and disposal of radioactive materials).
- Advising on the formation of Firebuy (the national procurement body for the British Fire Service) and advising them on the procurement of safety equipment.