With globalisation and technological progress, banks and financial institutions are having to access customers in more innovative ways, but against a backcloth of tighter governance and increased regulation. We provide an integrated approach across the full range of commercial legal disciplines to the sector.
The banking industry faces an increasingly dynamic and risky market environment. The challenge of sustaining competitive advantage through technological innovation, operational efficiency and talent management is critical. Our Banks Sector brings together legal experts that are ideally placed to advise banks and other lenders on their investment and operational needs.
We have extensive experience of working for a spectrum of financial institutions including commercial banks, investment banks, brokerage and securities firms, property investment vehicles and other diversified financial institutions.
Through a network of global relationships the team is able to advise international financial institutions clients on their strategic objectives across multiple jurisdictions.
Working with clients to create value
- Operational Efficiency – outsourcing and off shoring, business process design, facilities and property
- Talent Management – employment terms, share schemes, remuneration, tribunals
- Reputation and Operational Risk – intellectual property, technology systems management, information law, eCommerce
- Regulatory – financial services and securities laws, FSMA, MiFID, investigations
- Lending to customers – financing and lending