Our award winning Private Equity Team is recognised as one of the leading private equity practices. It is dedicated and focused to helping successful institutions deliver their ambitions.
The team is committed to:
- delivering transactions on time and within your budget
- recognising the bigger picture and delivering advice in a pragmatic way always in the commercial context
- giving straightforward advice using the benefit of our experience
- providing added value to our clients by using our extensive network and sector based approach
The team is also international - we are able to advise clients on private equity deals to meet the demands of the global world with our offices in the Middle East and Asia Pacific.
We have advised a number of institutions over the years on a large number of complex domestic and international transactions but our in depth knowledge and focus on private equity means that we are also able to sensibly advise management teams and sellers to private equity on their dealings with private equity houses.
In addition the team also regularly shares the journey with clients, whether the PE institution or management team, right through the life of the investment up and until exit.
In 2011 the Private Equity team was recognised by the private equity community where we were delighted to be voted “Private Equity Law Firm of the year – Deal Structuring” (Unquote Awards 2011).
Recent transactions include:
- advised HSBCPE on the £170 million secondary buy out of Viking Moorings, a global moorings business
- advised HIG on the complex buy out of Silentnight Group
- advised CBPE and fellow shareholders on the £148 million disposal of the Stewart Group, a global mineral testing business in 20 jurisdictions
- advised BPE (now Equistone) on the £75 million secondary buy out of Allied Glass
- advised ECI Partners LLP on the £50million MBO of Fourth Hospitality
- advised the shareholders of Hyva Mechanics (Yangzhou) Co Ltd on the US$700m secondary buyout of Hyva Group by a consortium led by Unitas Private Equity from 3i
- advised Sovereign Capital Partners on the multi million pound by out of IMS Group a financial services advisory business