Whatever your role in a merger or acquisition, our M&A team (Ranked No 1 for UK M&A and ECM deals by volume, Corpfin 2012 H1) has the expertise and resources needed to achieve a successful transaction.
Companies must continually look to gain access to new markets and technology, improve operating margins and reduce their exposure to market risks.
Our international M&A specialists offer companies the breadth and depth of resource to enable them to realise their potential. With the back up of the expertise of the Pinsent Masons teams in tax, competition, employment, pensions, property and IT/IP companies can be assured of a seamless commercial service that is driven by your commercial imperatives.
Helping to maximise shareholder value through:
- Corporate acquisitions & disposals
- Auction sales
- Public to private
- Group reorganisations
- Cross-border transactions
Our recent M&A transactions include:
- Advised Horizon Acquisition Company plc, the special purpose acquisition vehicle listed on the London Stock Exchange, on its $855m acquisition of US based global temporary power provider, APR Energy.
- Advised KCA Deutag Drilling Limited in relation to the purchase by its wholly owned subsidiary, Abbot Investments (North Africa) Limited, of 90% of the issued share capital in Global Tender Barges Pte Ltd., a Singapore-based drilling company with operations across the Asia-Pacific.
- Advised GB Oils Limited on the acquisition of certain business and assets from Rontec Investments LLP currently owned by Total UK Downstream plc in UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man.
- Advised the senior management team of Nampak Europe, the food and pharmaceutical product packaging business, on its £80m buy-out by the US-based private equity firm, Platinum Equity.
- Advised the sellers of Cimac FZCO on the sale to Schneider Electric FZE and Schneider Electric RAK FZE.
- Advised on the £146m sale of Stewart Holdings Group Limited to ALS Canada Limited, a Canadian subsidiary of Campbell Brothers plc.
- Advised the buyer and HSBC Private Equity Venice Fundco Limited, a newco of Viking Moorings Holdings Limited (a private equity backed business located in Scotland and Norway) on one of the largest private equity backed deals in Europe in 2009. Management and Inflexion (existing private equity investor) rolled over 75% of their investment into Venice Topco Limited (also a newco set up as the ultimate group holding company and the buyer's parent). Also advised HSBC on their investment in Venice Topco Limited.