Pinsent Masons was the first law firm to establish an in-house forensic accounting team. This enables the firm to offer a multi-disciplinary approach to our clients' disputes which considers both liability and quantum issues from the outset. Our team of qualified accountants (ACA, ACCA and FCA) has formidable forensic accounting and investigation experience attributable to “Big 4” accounting firm resumes and the practical skills associated with working alongside our lawyers.
The forensic accounting team provides initial and on-going support on a wide range of financial and accounting issues. Typical examples of the team’s work include:
- Working alongside our clients’ finance teams to prepare lost profits and wasted costs claims.
- Providing expert services for our global construction clients through the adjudicationprocess.
- Using decision analysis techniques to aid clients assess settlement options during mediations.
- Preparing detailed critiques of damages claims and accounting expert reports.
- Preparing business valuations in relation to breach of warranty claims.
- When appropriate, instructing and project managing the roles of independent quantum experts.
- Working with our lawyers as part of a multi-disciplinary fraud investigation team focusing on accounting issues and financial reporting irregularities.
- Carrying out Forensic Intelligence investigations into individuals and corporations, including asset tracing.
- Working with our lawyers in respect of Bribery Act compliance.
- Assisting clients with responses to requests for information received in the course of fraud and competition investigations.