Our team is particularly well respected for helping our clients resolve difficult IT projects either through re-negotiation or more formal dispute resolution methods.
We have a combined team of specialist IT dispute resolution lawyers and IT transactional lawyers who have been successful in re-aligning a number of the highest profile IT contracts which regularly feature in the national and computer press.
Our Signal methodology is an invaluable tool for determining strategy for problem IT projects. Signal helps capture and analyse the technical, commercial and legal issues which are key to the decision making process. This approach sits alongside our award winning Reaching Solutions approach to dispute resolution.
Whilst termination of a relationship is sometimes the preferred route, we are proud of our track record in taking distressed projects and turning the relationship around.
Our lawyers work closely with our team of in-house forensic accountants in preparing claims and challenging cross claims. We are the only law firm to offer such an approach.
We supported the companies below in relation to their IT projects. To find out how we might support you, please contact David Barker.
The following are a few examples of our clients' projects:
- Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs in its dispute with EDS in respect of the New Tax Credits IT System. This was a high profile dispute with a substantial settlement involving compensation of £71.25 million paid by EDS to HMRC.
- Acting for a FTSE 100 energy company in relation to the renegotiation of its desktop and datacentre outsourcing agreement. This complex assignment involved putting the client in the strongest possible contractual position in order to maximise its chances of successful renegotiation. We supported the client through preparation of breach notices, managing difficult negotiations and, ultimately, re-baselining the agreement on commercially advantageous terms.
- Advising a major global IT supplier in connection with a tri-partite dispute over the core assets of a regional broadband network. Advising in relation to merits of claims and assisting in successful resolution of the dispute.
- Acting for a number of SME IT suppliers and customers in relation to resolution of disputes relating to software development, outsourcing, telecoms and computer games development.
- Acting for a global IT supplier in an arbitration following the termination of a high-profile and complex PFI contract in the healthcare sector. The claims on either side run to several £100millions.