We provide the full range of corporate tax and advisory services to our clients. Our experience includes indirect taxation and customs duties. Our team of lawyers, accountants and former HMRC officers gives us a broad perspective and enables us to view tax issues in the way that your business does.
We seek to build relationships by engaging with our clients outside assignments to understand your business and commercial aims and to share our ideas and market knowledge. We work as an integrated team on transactional projects to deliver a commercial and tax-efficient solution.
The benefits of our approach are evidenced by our clients, who include FTSE 100 and FTSE 250 companies, institutional investors and entrepreneurs/owner managers, as well as government departments and other public sector bodies.
We work with the Pinsent Masons global sectors to understand the business and tax issues in particular sectors. We have particular experience in the energy, insurance, real estate, infrastructure and education sectors.
We actively participate in the business tax community through participation in bodies such as the CBI, the International Fiscal Association and VAT Practitioners’ Group.
Our services include:
- UK and cross-border transactional advisory including M&A, private equity tax and finance tax
- joint ventures and collaboration structures, including UK and international joint ventures
- real estate tax, including funds and indirect investment structures
- planning for major projects, such as infrastructure and energy investment proposals
- advising on group structures, including group reorganisations, simplification projects, demergers and returns of capital
- employment taxation, including incentive structures and cross-border assignments
- tax advice for entrepreneurs, business owners and investors
- tax and charity law advice to the public sector and charities, especially universities and trust law advice for commercial trusts
- resolving issues with tax authorities
- VAT and indirect tax advisory
- creating tailored intercompany agreements which support your transfer pricing policies
- We advised BAA on the sale of Edinburgh Airport in a deal reported to be worth over £807m.
- Advising Horizon Acquisition Company plc on its $855 million (£527 million) acquisition of APR Energy (number 2 in the global high growth temporary power market)
- Advising AMEC plc, the international and project management company, on the £126 million sale of AMEC's UK wind farm business.
- We provided tax advice on the sale of a multi-jurisdictional oil services group for an enterprise value of $950 million, reported to be the largest ever sale of a Scottish company to another Scottish company
- Advising in relation to £376 million acquisition by Yule Catto plc of PolymerLatex Deutschland GMbH
- We advised Heywood Williams Group plc on an innovative £21 million debt-for-equity restructuring and related management shareholdings.