Tax for Entrepreneurs, Business Owners & Investors
Entrepreneurs, high net worth individuals, shareholders and their trustees all need to be able to manage their tax affairs to best effect for their businesses and themselves.
We advise a wide range of clients from UK and internationally-based entrepreneurs and high net worth individuals to company directors, investors and venture capital-backed management teams on income tax, capital gains tax and inheritance tax mitigation.
Our strength lies in providing optimum tax solutions for the business and the shareholder director and we have expertise in the tax aspects of offshore structures (including trusts), private equity transactions, initial public offerings and full listings.
We have particular expertise in advising on:
- setting up, developing and disposing of businesses
- managing mobility of key executives
- emigration and disposal of UK assets
- non-UK domiciliaries coming to the UK
- Tax planning for IPO of businesses
- Advising a non-UK domiciled individual on establishment of non-UK structure to hold UK investment and trading properties
- Advising consortium of landowners (including both UK and non-UK residents) on complex land pooling arrangements prior to sales of land to developers
- Tax and estate planning for substantial major shareholder and director in fully listed company
- Advising investors in bid vehicle on tax structuring in relation to bid for listed company
- Complex restructuring of high value offshore trusts for several major entrepreneurial families
- Acting for management team on secondary buyout involving international structure, including advice on non-domiciled tax planning