Outsourcing - Tax
The relatively long duration and high value of most outsourcing contracts together with the strong commercial drivers mean that correct tax treatment is essential to the outsourcer. This is particularly acute in the financial services and insurance sector where the correct advice relating to VAT can mean the difference between the outsourcing being economically viable or not.
VAT can also be a major issue in shared service projects in the charitable and public sector arenas which can significantly undermine the projected cost savings. Careful structuring can help to minimise this cost and improve the viability of projects.
We advise on the tax aspects of:
- UK and international outsourcing projects for both public and commercial sector clients
- Outsourcing and IT disputes
- Shared service projects for charity and public sector clients
- Advising a household name in the Pharmaceuticals industry on their third party contingent workforce supply contacts.
- Adivising an international insurance group on complex VAT planning relating to the intra-group provision of cross-border IT services within and outside Europe.
- Advising a government department on solutions to the VAT barrier to university shared services.
- Advising UK bank on outsourcing of print service.
- Advising on the structuring of a shared service project for a number of charities.
- Advising the supplier on the tax aspects of the resolution of a major IT dispute.
- Advising UK insurance companies on financial product platform arrangements.