Freedom of Information
We deal with the full range of access and re-use issues, under the FOIA and other access regimes.
We provide extensive support services on freedom of information to public bodies including consultancy, bespoke and public training including training leading to an ISEB qualification, e-learning, a Guide to Conducting Access Reviews and a Freedom of Information Advice Line. Our specialist team works with representative organisations in the public sector to provide sector specific training and support.
The following are examples of our work:
- Appointed by the Association of Legal Advisors to Fire Authorities to assist in the preparation of a model publication scheme for their members.
- We have developed a very successful E-Learning training product relating to Freedom of Information in conjunction with Video Arts Ltd.
- Advising public bodies on their procedures for handling access requests, the application of exemptions to their areas of work and the appropriate mechanisms for dealing with refusals.
- We have carried out records management reviews for a variety of public bodies.
- We have advised large private sector organisations on the implications for contracts with the public sector and the disclosure of information by the public sector.