Internet & Web 2.0
Our experienced team advises a wide range of businesses on the issues surrounding trading and electronic communication. This is an increasingly regulated environment and we take a proactive approach working with our clients to ensure they keep up to date with the latest requirements.
As the digital world expands, we continuously track the technical and legal developments in technology, keeping our clients informed through Out-Law.
We advise infrastructure suppliers, retailers, ISPs and traditional businesses trading online in connection with a wide range of issues. We have a particular expertise in dealing with the sale of financial services on-line.
We supported the companies below in relation to their internet projects. The following are examples of our client's successes:
- Advising IKEA on all aspects of developing an online retail environment.
- Advising Rubicon Retail (owner of the Principles and Warehouse clothing stores) on their processes and terms for selling to consumers online.
- Advising AOL on a range of significant contracts, including network agreements, content agreements, anti-virus software and firewall distribution agreements, and the procurement of call-centre solutions.
- Advising Origo Services Limited, the standards body for the UK life assurance industry in the UK, and a number of representatives of the life and pensions industry on a standard legal framework. The framework addresses the contractual, security and data protection issues concerning the on-line transfer of data between financial services companies and IFAs through third party service providers and portals.
- Advising on-line advertising and communications agency Cheeze in relation to on-line advertising agreement with their customers and suppliers Google, Yahoo and Double Click.