We have a market-leading reputation for providing TMT solutions aligned with business needs: structuring IT programmes; enabling innovation and business transformation; addressing under-performance and litigating to secure recompense for project failure. With a global capability, legal directories rate us among the strongest technology and sourcing law firms in Europe, Asia and the Gulf.
Our specialist teams acts for both suppliers and customer organisations across the public and private sectors.
Our clients are able to benefit further from a number of value added services based around Out-Law.com, Webby award winner, Out-Law is the leading on-line technology law resource providing more than 10,000 pages of free news and information.
We provide a full range of advice and guidance, including in relation to:
Recently shortlisted for TMT Team of the Year at The Lawyer Awards and Legal Business Awards, the following are examples of our client successes:
- Acting for a global IT services provider in relation to a dispute with a UK public sector body with claims in excess of £500 million. This dispute involved the mobilisation of a team of in excess of twenty lawyers, including the client's legal team and counsel, plus experts in project programming (delay), software quality and quantum.
- Advising a central government department on a major IT outsourcing project, which also included advice on HR strategy and consultation procedures, as well as relevant TUPE provisions on entry and exit of the project.
- Working with a major central government department on a portfolio of service based projects, including complex procurement challenges and a tower based contracting approach, as well as advising on alternative service delivery models and contracts structures.
- Advising a FTSE 100 global energy group on the renegotiation of its £600m outsourcing agreement following the supplier's failure to deliver a significant transformation programme. We advised on the renegotiation of the existing agreement and the successful move from a single-source model to a multi-source model, with the customer bringing some of the services in-house and assuming the role of service integrator, and re-procuring other services from alternative suppliers;
- Acting as the sole legal adviser to the Department of Culture Media and Sport's (DCMS) DCMS £530m BDUK project to deliver the fastest possible broadband network in Europe across the UK by 2015. This is a striking example of the team's ability to work with clients to deliver a cutting edge procurement project that will make a vital contribution to the Government's economic growth agenda.
- Delivering an unprecedented landmark project for the Tax Incentivised Savings Association that affected the entire retail savings industry, a quicker process for investment platforms to transfer a customer's assets.
- Mydex provides a groundbreaking service that combines an innovative proprietary software platform, hosted in the cloud, with an innovative corporate structure (the community interest company model) to provide services to citizens and consumers in their interactions with central and local government. We advised Mydex on their data protection issues applying our expertise to emerging technologies