With the benefit of over fourteen years of independent research, Who’s Who Legal used the thousands of nominations it has received from clients and private practice professionals to identify the leading firms and individuals in 30 practice areas, as well as the top firm in over 50 countries and five US states. The winners were formally announced in The International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers 2011, a compendium edition of all the individual Who’s Who Legal publications, which was released in July 2011, covering 31 areas of law and over 100 countries.
The awards are based on a number of factors, including the feedback received in the ongoing research process, past performance in the research and the overall aggregate number of weighted votes cast in their favour.
Based on size, specialisms and project success Pinsent Masons is recognised as the world’s largest construction and infrastructure law firm. With over 200 lawyers specialising in the construction sector, operating from offices in three continents the firm acts as a trusted adviser to all parts of the supply chain on projects across the globe. Clients include over
50 per cent of the top 50 contractors in the world as well as governments, public bodies, local authorities and developers. Pinsent Masons has acted on key projects such as:
- Palm Jumeriah Monorail Transit Project (Dubai) – the first monorail to be constructed in the Middle East
- US$3 billion Gautrain Rapid Rail Link (South Africa) – winner of Best Global Project to Sign 2008 (PPF)
- Hong Kong-Zuhui-Macau Bridge project – the longest bridge in the world once built
- US$9 billion M25 Widening – Best Transport Project 2010 (Project Finance Magazine)
- London Array – the world’s largest offshore wind farm
- US$4 billion Dublin Metro – the largest rail infrastructure project in Europe
"Being recognised as the best Global Construction Law Firm for the fourth time is a great accolade for Pinsent Masons. What makes it particularly important is that it is based on
nominations from clients across the industry, demonstrating the strong relationships we have built with the construction sector across the globe, and our status as a trusted adviser that helps organisations meet ongoing business challenges," said Richard Foley, Partner, Pinsent Masons. Since 1996 Who's Who Legal (http://www.whoswholegal.com/)
has identified the foremost legal practitioners in multiple areas of business law. In total, it features over 10,000 of the World's leading private practice lawyers from over 100 national jurisdictions.