Vincent Connor is a legal adviser to the Infrastructure sector and specialises in construction and engineering law. He is known and rated highly for his skills in advocacy in arbitration and litigation. Vincent is described by the Asia-Pacific Legal 500 as having "a top reputation" in Construction Law; is included in the top tier of Leading Individuals in Hong Kong for Construction Law in Chambers' Client's Guide; and is both described as a "superb strategist when it comes to advising clients throughout construction projects" and noted as Hong Kong's "Most Highly Regarded Individual" in Construction Law in the 2015 Edition of Who's Who Legal, the independent legal research guide.
He has advised:
- a construction JV on financial and delay claims on a reclamation and tunnel project in Hong Kong;
- a contractor on emergency arbitrator procedures under FIDIC on a major bridge project in Turkey;
- a major operator on its tender for a DBO water treatment project in Hong Kong;
- a contractor on the resumption of power projects in Libya following a force majeure incidents;
- a contractor on significant financial claims arising on an aluminium smelter project in Saudi Arabia; and
- ground conditions issues, delays and financial disputes on a HK$4bn rail package in Hong Kong.
Vincent is a member of The Lighthouse Club's Hong Kong and Asia Pacific Region Committees; and is a member of the British Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong's Construction Industry Group, contributing significantly to its recent co-publication with The Hong Kong Construction Association – "Vision 2020". He was appointed as a GlobalScot by Scotland’s First Minister in 2007.