We advise Employer/Owner clients on procurement and implementation strategies using the most appropriate JCT based forms. This embodies detailed amendments to and co-ordination of the forms, including related consultant appointments, novations, and funding agreements. We also advise main contractors on their policies in relation to the various JCT forms, at both main and subcontractor level. Our deep knowledge of case law built up on the various JCT forms ensures early, successful and cost-effective dispute resolution.
- Advising the London Stock Exchange on drafting and negotiating a fit out contract based on an amended JCT 98 for their prestigious headquarters at Pasternoster Square.
- Drafting and negotiating JCT Design and Build 2005 for the new Sheffield United Hotel at Sheffield United Football Club, Bramall Lane.
- Acting for the Employer on a large hotel development at a marina in Southampton, using a JCT 98 With Contractor’s Design Form.
- Advising a Main Contractor on the development of its policies on all JCT forms of contract, and tender vetting all bids, including all amendments to JCT forms.
- Preparing a comprehensive suite of JCT D&B based contracts, appointments, warranties and funding documents for an HBOS nationwide construction programme of new-build student accommodation for Unite plc.
- Speaking at the RICS annual conference and giving surgeries on JCT Contracts.
- Negotiating the JCT 2005 Contract for use on various LiFT (Local improvement Finance Trust) projects in relation to the construction of doctors’ surgeries in the Midlands.
- Representing a Contractor in the reported case of ERDC Ltd –v- Bristol University, who was successful in a time-and-money dispute based on initial JCT 98 terms and quantum meruit.
- Drafting and negotiating a JCT 2005 With Quantities for the University of Liverpool’s heating and infrastructure works, which included special provisions on performance tests.
- Adapting JCT DB 2005 for use as Golden Contracts, which were put in place to utilise tax relief in Enterprise Zones in the North East.