We provide the complete service, including:
- Advice on common drafting amendments and contractual issues
- Client-focused training on contract processes and risk management
- Advice and support on issues/queries arising during the course of the project
- Advising on managing potential commercial issues or disputes
- Debriefing the project team (post-completion) to identify best practice points.
- We have acted on many major infrastructure projects procured under the NEC forms, including the Channel Tunnel Rail Link, East London Line, and Crossrail.
- We also acted for CLM (the Delivery Partner to the Olympic Delivery Authority), advising on over 100 NEC3 contracts (including the whole array of NEC3 ECC and TSC Options) between the ODA and its Tier 1 contractors in delivering a £4bn construction programme on the Olympic Park.
- Advising Veolia Environmental Services in connection with the procurement of a Materials Recovery Facility using NEC3 as part of a Waste PFI project in Nottinghamshire worth £880m.
- Advising Radisson SAS on amendments to NEC3: Engineering and Construction Short Contract in connection with 2 hotel refurbishment contracts to be used as a template for all other refurbishment projects by Radisson.
- Acting for various contractors and employers in relation to disputes arising under NEC3, in particular issues of payment concerning: Defined Cost, Disallowed Cost, the Schedule of Cost Components.
- Reviewing and advising on the terms of one of Hong Kong's first NEC pilot projects. Advising on proposed terms for use of NEC PSC for Construction Management relating to a major refurbishment of a sporting facility in Hong Kong.
- Advising a substantial South African mining company on contractual arrangements (based on NEC ECC Option B) with two tendering contractors for mining works in South Africa.