Retail & Consumer
Your brand and your culture are at the heart of our retail and consumer service.
Retail know-how allied with technology expertise
We are heavily invested in retail. UK and international retailers come to us for help in running their day-to-day operations - store portfolios, logistics, staffing, trading law and branding - as well as strategic or special projects.
If you are engaged in global expansion online, we provide support with joint ventures, licensing, franchising, partnering with investors and protecting your brand.
We'll advise you on store acquisitions and disposals, outsourcing and redundancy. Your brand will be safe in the hands of our retail IP experts who work across our global network. You'll also need agile supply chains. This may involve collaborations and technology, especially at delivery stage, and our technology team's experience includes working with a client on operating logistics for delivery robots. All retailers use technology to engage with customers, and we ensure you are protected from risks involved in big data, helping you work with the new data protection regulations and be cyber ready.
- We assisted Jack Wills to stop infringement of its trademarks and advised on other brand protection and anti-counterfeiting matters
- Our Chinese and London hubs meant we were the obvious choice to help House of Fraser and its Chinese owner buy the world renowned toyshop, Hamleys
- We advised on one of the most innovative autonomous vehicle projects currently on the market. Our advice considered the legal issues surrounding the operation of autonomous last mile delivery robots to deliver parcels on public roads and pedestrian ways in Germany, UK and 20 other European countries, Japan and Singapore
- We are advising a range of retail and manufacturing clients on legal and practical issues surrounding new products coming to market such as 3D printed and the internet of things
- We advised a large British retailer on data ownership and usage issues, with customer data being generated by its data analytics subsidiary as a result of data collected via its multi-channel distribution networks
- Luxury caterer, “rhubarb”, came to us when it wanted help formalising its relationships with many of Britain’s iconic venues and events (the Royal Albert Hall, Saatchi Gallery, Henley Regatta and Royal Ascot)
- We advised a leading British retailer on the establishment of its US website and on-line interaction with US consumers