Insurance and Wealth Management at Pinsent Masons
Ensuring that your insurance business operates within the most optimum structure is a real challenge, compounded by the potential impact of Solvency II, the new UK regulatory regime and stricter capital requirements. In the current economic climate, insurers and reinsurers are looking at how best to rationalise business lines, release capital and maximise profitability. Pinsent Masons is recognised as a market leader in the insurance restructuring sphere.
Here are a range of tools available to insurers and reinsurers to achieve these ends, including:
- Run-off/Exit strategies
- Part VII Transfers
- Solvent & Insolvent Schemes of Arrangement
- Company Voluntary Arrangements
Clients rely on their advisers to identify trends in the market and to steer them through the challenges and pitfalls associated with rationalising corporate structures, and expanding into new products and markets, using the most appropriate tools.
What we do
Pinsent Masons' top-rated Insurance and Restructuring team is ideally placed to help clients navigate these issues.
Our deep industry knowledge (we are on 18 out of 20 of the top insurers' panels) enables us to share industry standards and provide real commercial insight. We are extremely well placed to help clients with their transformation projects and business critical issues, while managing legal and regulatory risk. Our expertise runs across the full extent of general insurers' business lines, life companies and captives, whether operating in the UK or cross-border.
Our firms' sector focus on insurance means that we have experienced lawyers throughout the firm who work in the Insurance sector in a range of disciplines that also come into play when undertaking restructuring, such as dispute resolution, claims management, commercial contracts renegotiation, IT agreements, employment and property transfers. We are also accustomed to working alongside other professional advisors (including accountancy & actuarial firms) to help you achieve your goals.
Our lawyers’ experience
- Advising The Children’s Mutual on the £469m insurance business transfer of its business to Forester Life
- Advising the with-profits committee of Cooperative Insurance Services in relation to the sale to Royal London of its £18bn of life insurance business
- Advising the Direct Life Group on its £62m sale of Direct Line Life to Chesnara plc
- Advising a well-known foreign controlled insurer on the transfer of long-term business by way of a Part VII transfer
- Advising one of Europe's leading providers of life and general insurance in respect of the outsourcing of all facilities management for their entire UK service