Our Professional Services Practice forms part of our Financial Services Sector which is one of the largest and most experienced Financial Services focused teams in the UK. Our wealth of experience in advising professional services firms means that we can offer specific, to-the-point advice on acquisitions, disposals, reorganisations and general corporate / commercial activity in the professional services sector. We believe that this is particularly valuable to clients in an economic environment where budgetary constraints mean it is now more important than ever to focus on what really matters.
We act for accountancy and law firms, management consultancy firms and other professional services providers.
Our Recent M&A Experience in the Professional Services Sector includes advising:
- Deloitte LLP on the acquisition of the business and assets of niche IT consultancy firms IM Global Limited and Report Source
- Deloitte MCS Limited on the acquisition of the business and assets of DCarbon8 Limited, a leading carbon reduction consultancy firm
- Optima Legal Services in relation to the acquisition of a legal practice from DLA and advice in relation to the structuring aspects
- A non-legal service provider on its potential acquisition of a legal practice in anticipation of regulatory changes in the profession
Our Professional Services Practice comprises specialists in HR, tax, IT, IP, real estate, dispute resolution and regulatory matters, ensuring that we provide a full service offering. In addition to our M&A experience our Professional Services Practice has recently advised professional services providers on:
- reorganising their business structures from companies to LLPs as well as from LLPs to companies
- employment tribunal claims
- drafting anti-fraud policies
- licensing arrangements relating to key intellectual property
- structuring and outsourcing opportunities under the Legal Services Act 2007 and the advent of Multi-Disciplinary Practices