These types of projects are often delivered against a backdrop of wider regeneration and improvement aims. The deals are invariably complex and long-term and have required innovative, practical thinking coupled with detailed technical know-how to achieve the right structures that deliver the service and rewards that all parties' demand.
We specialise in advising upon infrastructure development and financing projects, restructuring and privatisations, facilities management and service outsourcings, joint ventures, development, regeneration and other commercial partnerships.
Our experience includes advising on projects relating to health,housing, education, emergency services, leisure and joint service centres. We have been actively involved in the development of these models, particularly in relation to health, education, social housing and joint service centres.
We are at the forefront of new approaches to partnering. We offer a specialist advice service, Structured Solutions for Government, which is aimed at developing bespoke partnership structures to help the public sector deliver services more effectively and efficiently.
Some of our experience in community infrastructure is set out below:
- Advising Balfour Beatty Construction on the project for the provision of two Ambulatory Care and Diagnostic centres at Stobhill Hospital and the Victoria Infirmary.
- We are working with a consortium (comprising Keepmoat and Great Places) in their bid for the £1billion Sheffield Regeneration LHC. This is a 15 year PPP, procured through competitive dialogue, to deliver 2,500 new homes and to regenerate 19 sites across Sheffield.
- Advising on the financial close of over 70 schools projects
- Involved in nearly 10 academies projects including drafting the original framework agreements for the Department for Education & Skills to be used on Academy projects.
- Advising on fire station and police constabulary projects including in relation to the establishment of FireBuy.
- Advising on social housing PFI projects including the first and the largest schemes to have achieved financial close to date.