The development of an efficient transport system and the other infrastructure it supports is high on the agenda of governments worldwide. Participants in transport projects need lawyers who understand the unique issues affecting different transport concessions such as airports, roads and road maintenance, tunnels, rail and ports.
As market leaders in transport, our lawyers have all the experience you will need when undertaking a transport project. We have the following rankings for transport:
- Ranked number one for Transport Legal Advisers (Public Private Finance league tables)
- Recommended in the Legal 500 Guide to the Legal Profession for aviation and rail
As industry experts, we advise the full spectrum of project participants from governments and public authorities, bidding consortia, special project vehicles and funders to construction and operation subcontractors.
Our experience includes the projects below:
- Advising Forth Ports in redevelopment issues for the Ocean Terminal development in Edinburgh.
- Advised Spanish Ferrovial Group on the sale of the Belfast City Airport.
- Advising GMR Group and Malaysian Airports Holdings Berhad on Delhi International Airport - the largest EPC contract in the Indian transport sector and the longest runway in Asia
- Advising the Ministry of Communications and Works of the Government of the Republic of Cyprus on the Larnaka and Pafos Airports – the first PPP in Cyprus (Best European Deal to Close Public Private Finance Awards 2007)
- Advising the Government of Lebanon in connection with its defence to a multi-million dollar claim raised by a contractor joint venture regarding the expansion and upgrading of Beirut International Airport
- Advising the UK Highways Agency on the development, delivery and monitoring of a scheme involving the removal of broken down or disabled vehicles and/or their loads by uniformed Traffic Officers
- Advising Cumbria County Council on the Carlisle Northern Development Route
- Advising European Investment Bank on the funding of the Betreibermodell BAB A4 Horselberge (A-Model) road project in Germany
- Advising the main international construction joint venture building the Channel Tunnel in relation to FIDIC contract disputes brought before the Disputes Panel
- Advising the Railway Procurement Agency on the Dublin Metro – the largest rail PPP in Europe
- Advising the Government of the Province of Gauteng in South Africa on the Gautrain Rapid Rail Link – currently the largest railway under construction in the world (Best Global Project Public Private Finance Awards 2008)
- Advising the Obayashi Corporation-led Construction Joint Venture undertaking the civil and building works for the Palm Jumeriah Monorail Transit Project.
- Acted on over 70% of all completed schemes, we dominate the UK street lighting market. This includes closing one of the first PFI street lighting schemes in the UK (Walsall - joint winner of the Public Private Finance Awards Transport Project of the Year 2003).