Real Estate Finance
The Pinsent Masons Real Estate Finance team acts for the providers of senior debt in the UK commercial property market.
In the last year alone the Pinsent Masons national real estate finance team has advised lenders and borrowers on well over £2,000,000,000 of property investment and development facilities. Our work covers a broad spectrum of property finance including transactions in the hotel, residential, student accommodation, retail and industrial sectors. This includes some of the largest real estate finance deals completed in the UK along with deals in the mid and lower sectors of the market.
Our national team of specialist banking, real estate and construction lawyers operate seamlessly, regardless of location. Our national approach mirrors that of our institutional clients and delivers efficiency on fees whilst ensuring a consistent approach.
Recent deals include:
- Acting for a syndicate of four banks in connection with a £430,000,000 financing to an FTSE-250 listed real estate investment trust.
- Acting for a syndicate of five banks in order to put in place a new unsecured £475,000,000 facility for FTSE-250 listed borrower specialising in the regeneration of brownfield and urban environments to repay several secured bilateral facilities.
- Acting for a major clearing bank and a governmental agency in connection with facilities advanced to a major house-builder to finance the third phase of a high profile multimillion pound phased residential development.
- Acting for a syndicate of five banks with respect to the refinance of facilities to a major provider of storage capacity, comprising a £190,000,000 revolving credit facility and a €70,000,000 revolving facility together with a US Private Placement Notes.
- Acting for UK Clearing bank providing £45,500,000 facility to refinance the acquisition of four hotel/conference centers.
- Acting for a syndicate of three banks with respect to a £550,000,000 facility to a major UK property investment and development business.
- Acting for a major listed UK property investment business in relation to the facility provided by a syndicate of four banks with respect to the £303,000,000 facility provided in relation to the acquisition of a UK property fund portfolio.