Banking & Finance Litigation
Whether you are a retail, commercial, wealth or investment bank, disputes, redress schemes and litigation are a part of your risk landscape. Our dedicated team, many of whom have been seconded in bank litigation teams and includes an ex-FCA enforcement lawyer, have the expertise to help you navigate through and resolve disputes with customers, suppliers and third parties.
Our team operates across all UK jurisdictions and acts for many of the major banks in disputes ranging from:-
- FCA prompted (eg S.166) redress schemes. Our team has worked for a major bank on its PPI remediation, and another major bank on its IHRP misselling claims portfolio
- Customer claims arising from operational issues, such as misdirected payments, cheque fraud and closure of accounts
- Fraud, both internally and externally perpetrated
- Disputes over security and bank enforcement action
- Professional negligence, including over-valuations and mortgage fraud
- Consumer credit and merchant disputes
- Investment disputes
- Disputes with suppliers, including in major IT procurements
Please contact us for further information.