Finance – Middle East
We have over 35 years of experience in the Middle East and have been permanently established in the region since 2004 with offices now in Dubai (United Arab Emirates) and Doha (Qatar). We provide the full spectrum of legal services from the Middle East and have a dedicated team of banking and finance lawyers based in the Middle East.
What sets us apart from the majority of other law firms in the Middle East is that we have senior civil law qualified banking and finance lawyers in our team. This knowledge enables us to truly grasp local legal concepts, for example the UAE and Qatari security law regime, and to guide our clients meaningfully through the maze of local legal risk akin to finance transactions.
In addition, our team of banking and finance lawyers includes lawyers who are fluent in Arabic. This ensures that we are able to execute transactions seamlessly, offering legal, business and cultural fluency in English and Arabic in a way that makes the legal side of business as easy as possible for you.
Our team has experience advising clients and offering a high level of service across each asset class. In particular, our team has developed a sectoral focus on:
- Oil and Gas;
- Infrastructure; and
- Real Estate
We also recognise the growing global importance of Islamic finance and are particularly strong in this field. We are an established player in Islamic finance and have a dedicated team of Islamic finance specialists based in the Middle East.
- Acting for a major Islamic bank in Dubai in relation to AED550 million Mudharaba financing for a major GCC oil and trading company.
- Advising a major Indian Oil exploration and production company in relation to US$250 million syndicated term loan facility arranged by two major Japanese banks.
- Advising an international construction consortium in relation to the finance structuring of a major infrastructure project in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq with an estimated CapEx of US$ 2.5 billion.
- Advising a Middle East state owned Oil and Gas company in relation to its US$250 million multi-currency corporate financing.
- Advising a UAE master developer in relation to AED 550 million receivables financing.
- Advising Emirates National Oil Company Limited (ENOC) LLC in relation to its US$100 million multi-currency Islamic financing of the construction of a major fuel terminal and underground pipeline between Jebel Ali and Dubai Airport.
- Advising an international construction consortium, consisting of members from the United Arab Emirates, Australia and Spain, in relation to QAR 3.3 billion Islamic financing to fund the construction of a major transport infrastructure project in Doha, Qatar.
- Advising a UAE master developer in relation to its AED 550 million Islamic financing for the completion of a landmark mixed use development in the Dubai International Financial Centre.
- Advising a Middle East state owned down stream Oil and Gas company in relation to US$60 million multi-currency Islamic financing of its grease and lubricants manufacturing business.