Our clients include all of the major clearing banks, retail challenger banks, building societies, the UK's payment scheme companies, fin-tech, crypto and DLT companies, credit, debit and pre-paid card issuers, two card schemes, cash processors, cash in transit operators and IT service providers that support payments infrastructure. We engage with regulatory reform and provide thought leadership through bodies including UK Finance, the Liquidity Manager's Group and the Financial Markets Law Committee.
The Financial Products and Payments team hosts the annual Future of Money Conference at Pinsent Masons' offices in London. This year the conference focused on the digital revolution and its impact on our perceptions of money. Other topics covered included Brexit, Banking Reform, the payments landscape including the New Payments Architecture, distributed ledger technology and associated cryptocurrencies, cyber risk and Open Banking. The Conference also looked at the opportunities and challenges presented by the changing ways in which people access and use money.
Speakers in 2018 included representatives of industry leaders from Barclays, The Payments Systems Regulator, UK Finance, The New Payment System Operator and the DLT Consultancy, Qadre. The Financial Products and Payments Team regularly briefs clients and contacts to keep them up to date on the latest developments in the payments space and maintain a Global cryptocurrency regulatory overview (link to research paper here).
Our team advises on a range of issues facing banks and non-banks relating to:
- Brexit – impact mitigation on financial products and payments
- Cryptocurrency, Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) and Initial Coin Offerings regulatory landscapes (Global)
- Payment Services including electronic money, issuing and merchant acquiring
- Settlement and Clearing systems and other Financial Markets Infrastructure including the impact of Banking Reform
- Account Bank Agreements with Financial Institutions
- Cash processing, ATM Networks and Services
- Correspondent and Agency Banking
- Cash Pooling structures and Netting Opinions
- Current Accounts and other Banking Products
- Financial Institution Funding and Collateral Arrangements
- Pre-positioning of corporate loan collateral for the Bank of England's Discount Window Facility
For further information on the work of our team, please download our brochure or contact one of the team.