Engineering Procurement & Construction Contracts
EPC contracts, and their related EPIC and EPCC forms, are very often highly complex in the context of technically challenging projects. Legal expertise is needed to identify and address the issues and risks arising in such contracts. Equally important, however, is the industry-focused knowledge necessary to ensure a detailed understanding of their nature. This includes familiarity with the differing emphasis placed on those negotiating and drafting EPC contracts.
Our EPC experience encompasses:
- Detailed negotiation and drafting of bespoke and standard form EPC contracts in the procurement of major projects
- Commercial and legal management of the issues and risks arising from performance of the EPC contract
- All forms of ADR and formal dispute resolution proceedings, with particular expertise in international arbitration, and the complex matters which typically arise in the context of an EPC based project
- Contract Forms:
- Advising a major European contractor on its rights and obligations during ongoing project disputes and negotiations related to construction of a significant GTL facility.
- Representing a consortium of state oil and petroleum companies in an ICC arbitration concerning an oil pipeline and marine terminal facility.
- Representing a major European contractor in ICC arbitral proceedings concerning construction of a major pipeline and pumps stations.
- Representing the owner of a 1,000 MW multi-fuel power plant in Asia Pacific in relation to ICC claims in London, including delays associated with construction of the 35km transmission line.