International Construction Arbitration
We are instructed by companies, governments and state agencies across all sectors on large, complex, international arbitrations for: joint venture and consortium arrangements, software and technology projects and contracts involving the supply of energy, licensing, commodities, manufacturing and international sales and distribution. We work regularly with local lawyers, consultants and experts in different languages and across different jurisdictions.
The firm has close links to most major arbitral institutions such as the ICC, LCIA, CIETAC, AAA, DIAC, HKIAC, SIAC, SCC and ICSID. We are well versed in their arbitration rules and also experts at conducting UNCITRAL and ad hoc arbitrations. A number of our lawyers are qualified in more than one jurisdiction. In particular we have French avocats and Spanish avogados in our team. The head of our Singapore office is currently Vice President of the Singapore Institute of Arbitrators, and Virginie Colaiuta is the Vice Chair of the International Bar Association sub-committee on Dispute Resolution (International Construction Projects).
For information about our full range of litigation services, please visit our Litigation & International Arbitration page.
- Two arbitrations relating to disputes arising out of the construction of a high-capacity crude oil pipeline in Eastern Europe
- A large Italian contractor in an arbitration filed under the EDF Rules against a government department in relation to a road project in East Africa.”
- A consortium of State oil and petroleum companies in an ICC arbitration in London, concerning an oil pipeline and marine terminal facility in East Africa.
- A major international contractor in a CIETAC arbitration in relation to a large infrastructure project in Asia Pacific.
- A leading energy contractor in an LCIA arbitration against a major oil company arising out of the installation of an oil & gas platform in Western Europe.
- A State Government in the defence of claims under the UNCITRAL rules in Paris relating to the reconstruction and extension of an international airport in the Middle East.
- The Indonesian State Electricity Company in an UNCITRAL arbitration brought by the US developer of a geothermal power plant in Indonesia.
- A Chinese promoter/employer in a Stockholm Chamber of Commerce arbitration brought by a Sino – Italian contractor joint venture in connection with the Yellow River Diversion Project.