Risk management & contract advice
Prevention is better than cure. Late delivery, defects and cost overruns, damage to reputations, client relationships and the bottom line, can all be reduced or avoided through expert legal risk management. Increasingly complex contracts and procurement structures often make it difficult to fully appreciate risk allocation and its implications. Our market-leading P2C Procurement to Completion ® service is commercially focused on developing strategies for dealing successfully with those complexities.
By avoiding disputes on construction projects, you will have more time and money to invest in the core business activities that really matter. Our P2CTM service will help you anticipate, solve or avoid problems before they become costly crises, across the whole life of a construction project. This may involve operational measures, supply-chain strategies and sometimes contract negotiation. Where negotiation is necessary, we apply the same skills to assist, either in the background or as a direct negotiator.
Key components of the "P2CTM" solution
- Proactive, regular advice from a team of legal experts familiar with your business, your project, your people and your commercial objectives.
- Early and objective identification of the specific key legal risks and opportunities facing your project 
- A holistic risk management strategy to manage those risks and opportunities throughout the life of your project – including advice on how to manage your various contractual relationships.
- Education of the key members of your own project team so they will be able to identify and manage these risks before they become bigger and more costly.
- Assistance developing change management, reporting and record-keeping procedures and proforma documents to ensure you are not liable for breaching any of the legal requirements under the project's contractual regime.
- Implementation of the best strategy on how to avoid or reduce formal claims and disputes in relation to your project, thereby avoiding damage to working relationships and incurring unnecessary costs.
- Regular and post-completion lessons-learned briefings to the board and project teams to enable best practice to be shared around your organisation and to maximise the value of our service for use on your other projects.