Public and Private M&A
Whatever your role in a merger or acquisition, our Tier 1 M&A Team (awarded M&A Team of the Year (Medium-Sized Deal) at the British Legal Awards 2017) has the expertise and resources needed to achieve a successful transaction.
Companies must continually look to gain access to new markets and technology, improve operating margins and reduce their exposure to market risks.
Our international M&A specialists offer companies the breadth and depth of resource to enable them to realise their potential. With the back up of the expertise of the Pinsent Masons teams in tax, competition, employment, pensions, property and IT/IP companies can be assured of a seamless commercial service that is driven by your commercial imperatives.
Helping to maximise shareholder value through:
- Corporate acquisitions & disposals
- Auction sales
- Public to private
- Group reorganisations
- Cross-border transactions
Our recent M&A transactions include:
- Acted for CommScope on its $7.4 billion acquisition of ARRIS International plc
- Advised IP Group plc on its £490 million hostile takeover of rival science investor Touchstone Innovations plc, valuing the combined group at £1.3 billion
- Acted for Fenner on its £1.2 billion recommended cash offer by Michelin
- Acted for CD&R and Motor Fuel Group on the £1.2 billion acquisition of MRH
- Acted for LoopUp on its £64 million acquisition of Meeting Zone
- Acted for Ithaca Energy (UK) Limited on its £228 million acquisition of Greater Stella Area Oil & Gas licenses
- Acted for Ammeraal Beltech on its sale by Advent International to Partners Group
- Acted for Stamps.com Inc. on its £175 million acquisition of MetaPack Limited
- Acted for Stadium Group plc on its £45.8m recommended cash offer by TT Electronics
- Acted for the Co-Op group on £137.5 million recommended takeover of Nisa Retail