Public and Private M&A
Whatever your role in a merger or acquisition, our Tier 1 M&A Team (awarded M&A Team of the Year (Medium-Sized Deal) at the British Legal Awards 2017) has the expertise and resources needed to achieve a successful transaction.
Companies must continually look to gain access to new markets and technology, improve operating margins and reduce their exposure to market risks.
Our international M&A specialists offer companies the breadth and depth of resource to enable them to realise their potential. With the back up of the expertise of the Pinsent Masons teams in tax, competition, employment, pensions, property and IT/IP companies can be assured of a seamless commercial service that is driven by your commercial imperatives.
Helping to maximise shareholder value through:
- Corporate acquisitions & disposals
- Auction sales
- Public to private
- Group reorganisations
- Cross-border transactions
Our recent M&A transactions include:
- Acted for Skyscanner and its shareholders on the company's £1.4bn sale to Ctrip.com International Ltd., China's largest travel agency
- Advised North Sea-focused oil and gas operator, Ithaca Energy Inc, on its £1.24bn takeover by Israeli-listed Dalek Group
- Advised Indian conglomerate Nirma Limited on the acquisition of Lafarge India Limited from LarfargeHolcim, for an enterprise value of approximately USD $1.4bn
- Advised IP Group plc (FTSE 250) on its £490m hostile takeover of Touchstone Innovations plc
- Acted for AMC on their $1.2bn acquisition of Odeon cinemas from Terra Firma and subsequent c$900 million acquisition of Nordic Cinema Group from European private equity firm Bridgepoint and the Swedish media group, Bonnier Holding
- Advised Energy Assets Group plc on its £209m recommended takeover by Alinda Capital Partners
- Advised Teva Pharmaceutical Industries on the sale of UK and Ireland business Activas Generics to Accord Healthcare for £603m
- Advised Total on its £585m sale of St Fergus Terminal, FRIGG and SIRGES to NSMP