Our Competition, EU & Trade practice in Germany
We have an experienced team of specialist competition lawyers, able to advise on all aspects of EU and German competition law – including merger control, antitrust and litigation – operating from our Munich office.
Our competition practice in Germany offers full-fledged advice in all questions of European and German competition law and advises both manufacturers and financial investors. With respect to manufacturers, the practice has a particular focus on food and technology industries.
We advise on all issues of merger control with a particular focus on merger control proceedings before the German Federal Cartel Office.
The German competition team has successfully advised both companies and individuals on criminal proceedings before the Federal Cartel Office.
A particular focus of the German competition practice lies on antitrust compliance. The team not only offers ongoing advise to many clients, it has also set up competition compliance systems with a particular focus on larger German "mittelstand" companies.
Damage cases have become the almost unavoidable consequence of criminal competition proceedings. The German team has advised its clients mostly in the defence against such damage claims. The team has also litigated abuse of dominance cases.
Recent experiences includes:
- Advice to a German food manufacturer in criminal proceedings
- Advice to a board member of an international group of companies in criminal proceedings
- Advice in the setup of a distribution joint venture in the food industry
- Advice in the setup of a production joint venture in the food industry
- Ongoing competition advice to a manufacturer of bathroom fittings
- Setup of a compliance system for a manufacturer of electric components
- Setup of a compliance system for a manufacturer of filter systems
- Regular merger control filings for a financial investor