Our intellectual property team are experts in the field of design law which, in essence, covers the appearance of any product or the shape or configuration of any article.
We are here to make it easier for businesses to navigate the requirements of design law, and ultimately enable such businesses to protect and exploit their designs in the UK and across Europe.
Our team frequently advises on the protection and enforcement of UK and European registered and unregistered designs. As part of our comprehensive service, we also advise our clients on all design-related licensing and assignment issues.
Whether you are a business engaged in creating or exploiting designs, or seeking to acquire or licence third party designs, you can be confident that our team has the experience and expertise to advise your business and deliver the solutions you require.
With our experience of advising all forms and sizes of client, from the individual to the multinational to the foreign law associate, we can tailor our service to meet your needs through quick and clear commercial advice.
We can help you:
- to protect your designs by registration and/or other means.
- with questions in relation to the exploitation of your rights.
- to defend the rights you have in your products.
- to pursue those who infringe your rights.
Our recent work has included:
- advising fashion retailers on the protection afforded by design right.
- defending retailers against allegations of design right infringement.
- advising a manufacturer on how to protect its unique packaging design.