Commercial Dispute Resolution
We have one of the leading commercial litigation practices in the Middle East with an experienced team of lawyers who are able to advise on both international and local law disputes.
The team have experience of acting on cases across the Middle East including the UAE, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Iraq, Iran and Egypt. In the UAE we are one of a small group of international firms who can provide specialist UAE law advice and advise on disputes before the local courts as well as the DIFC and English Courts. We also have experience of Commercial International Arbitration, across a number of institutional rules including DIAC, LCIA, DIFC, ICC, LCIA, SIAC, and UNCITRAL.
The team covers the following specialist practice areas:-
- M&A and commercial dispute resolution including joint venture and shareholder disputes;
- Disputes concerning the technology and telecom sectors;
- Economic crime including anti-bribery, corruption, fraud, sanctions and investigations;
- Insurance and reinsurance disputes, relating to claims and coverage issues, before both the local courts, international courts and arbitration;
- Employment disputes arising from terminations and re-structurings both in the DIFC and on-shore labour courts; and
- Debt recovery in both the local and DIFC Courts as well as other international jurisdictions.