Our team members are based in France, Germany, Ireland, South Africa, Singapore, Spain, UAE, and all 3 UK jurisdictions (England, Scotland and Northern Ireland). We work closely with litigators and other specialists across all of Pinsent Masons’ offices, including in China and Australia, on cross-border investigations and compliance reviews.
On the compliance side, we support clients with:
- criminal law risk mapping exercises
- financial crime risk assessment workshops
- legal advice on bribery laws, financial sanctions, money laundering and other laws
- training on financial crime legal topics, international standards, and lessons from both criminal and regulatory enforcement cases.
For investigations, we offer a "one stop shop" that combines the expertise of our white collar crime /investigation lawyers with that of our forensic accountants. We have a substantial forensic accounting offering which is unique amongst law firms. We combine our legal and forensic accounting expertise to conduct investigations that are privileged, efficient, proportionate, and credible.
We are experienced in criminal defence and mitigation strategies, including self-reporting and remediation exercises. We have acted in several ground-breaking corporate bribery cases, including the first prosecution by the UK's Serious Fraud Office of a company for failing to prevent bribery under section 7 of the Bribery Act 2010.
The team's subject matter expertise includes:
- Accounting standards
- Energy regulatory enforcement
- Financial services regulatory enforcement
- Cyber crime
- Modern slavery laws
- Proceeds of Crime
- Money laundering regulation
- Facilitation of tax evasion offences
- Sanctions and export controls
- Market abuse and insider dealing
- Gambling law and enforcement
- Data protection (criminal breaches)