As a corporate, trustee, member or adviser, if you have a pensions dispute, our pensions litigation team can help you manage it effectively and contain costs. Our specialist pensions litigators have the experience and expertise to help you bring or defend court claims and handle Pensions Ombudsman disputes. They deal with regulatory proceedings and engage in alternative dispute resolution.
Our national team of pensions litigators is the largest of its kind in the UK. By combining pensions and litigation expertise, specially developed project management tools and innovative fee solutions, our pensions litigation team solve problems with a minimum of fuss, cost effectively.
Pinsent Masons' reputation in handling pensions disputes is impressive. Our record in litigation is formidable – in fact many of our successes are never made public because we successfully defuse the dispute early on. We are a leading firm in this highly specialised area, advising in many landmark cases over recent years.
Our team is recognised as a premier pensions litigation team every year in the Legal 500 and Chambers directories. The most recent Legal 500 directory describes our team as “undoubtedly one of the best” for contentious work. We have been shortlisted as Pensions Litigation Firm of the Year by UK Pensions Awards 2019.
Our experts have experience in handling all kinds of pensions disputes including:
- Bringing or defending professional negligence claims against pension scheme advisers
- Innovative test cases in the High Court and the Court of Appeal
- Pensions Regulator investigations, advising from an early stage through to full blown regulatory proceedings
- Interpretation and construction of pension scheme documentation
- Pensions liberation, where we are known for leading the industry
- High Court proceedings brought by or against trustees and employers
- Innovative fee solutions, enabling us to successfully manage high volumes of low value claims for a fixed fee
- Alternative dispute resolution including mediation
- Pensions Ombudsman complaints with a high success rate
- Bespoke training and advice on risk management and how to avoid claims