We have substantial expertise in product liability and recall work. Our team advises on products as diverse as implants, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, electronics, heavy equipment, vehicles, consumer goods, food products, components, intermediate and raw materials.
Our work is often urgent, involves managing large teams, large document loads and demanding technical issues.
Our services are joined up, marrying technical, legal, litigation, forensic accounting, claims handling and regulatory issues. We are often also involved in decisions around public relations and presentation of the issue to the market.
This experience and approach ensures that the impact of these difficult situations is minimised for our clients.
We provide specialist support to manufacturers and distributors to:
- understand your product safety obligations
- develop crisis management procedures
- handle the interface with regulatory authorities
- decide on, implement and document recalls and rectification action
- bring and defend claims for losses arising
- defend management and companies from criminal charges
- evaluate product risk
- audit risk control processes
- put in place effective supplier due diligence
- evaluate and improve traceability
- audit and implement effective contractual protection
Product Liability Guide
We have developed a series of Product Liability and Recall Guidance Notes in the form of a Product Liability Guide to help manufacturers, distributors and retailers to undertake planning to avoid and handle product liability and recall problems. The materials are available to use free of charge. They offer short notes on the legal framework, risk control and crisis response considerations. As no charge is made for the materials on this site, no liability is accepted in respect of their use or accuracy.