Information gathering — non-food recall
PRODUCT RECALL – TYPICAL FAULT INFORMATION TO BE GATHERED
This sheet summarises information which should be captured in respect of emerging field fault problems.
The information will prove useful in assessing the nature ,cause and likely extent of any emerging problem amongst the field population of products.
It should assist in earlier and more effective decision making on steps to arrest any faults in new production , and as to whether to quarantine, monitor or recall existing stock and product in the field and enable better identification of affected product.
This information is best gathered by incorporating these data requirements into a standard form issued to persons visiting or examining faulty product on site or in the factory.
The same information is likely to be relevant to bringing claims on suppliers or defending or assessing customer claims .
1. LOCATION OF PRODUCT
2. NAME AND ADDRESS OF CUSTOMER COMPLAINING
3. NAME AND ADDRESS OF INTERVENING SUPPLIER/S
4. PRODUCT TYPE AFFECTED
5. ANY SERIAL NUMBER
6. ANY MODEL NUMBER
7. FAULT DESCRIBED/MODE OF EXHIBITING FAULT AS EXPLAINED BY END CUSTOMER
8. OBSERVABLE FAULT DESCRIPTION AND DETAILS OF INSTALATION / USE ON ON SITE (BEWARE VALUE JUDGEMENTS E.G. "FACTORY FAULT", "WE HAVE DAMAGED" ETC)
9. DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHS SHOWING THE FAULT /GENERAL LAYOUT AND INCLUDING IDENTIFIER IN THE PHOTO E.G. LABEL WITH DATE, CUSTOMER NAME /ADDRESS OR UNIQUE COMPLAINT NUMBER INCLUDED
10. DIAGRAM OF FAULT SHOWING ISSUE EXHIBITED/COMPLAINED OF
11. WHERE INVESTIGATION OF FAULT CAUSE REQUIRED , PRODUCT TO BE RECOVERED TO ......... AND ALLOCATED A UNIQUE NUMBER TO CROSS REFER TO SITE REPORT
12. WHERE RECALL/REPLACEMENT TO BE UNDERTAKEN, WHEREVER PRACTICAL SEEK TO RECOVER THE PRODUCT OR SUBSTANTIAL SAMPLES EXHIBITING THE FAULT TO FACTORY FOR STORAGE AND CATALOGUE TO AID ANY ONWARD CLAIM OR DEFENCE