Pensions Investment Funds
We are one of the few law firms with a dedicated investment team for pension fund clients. We advise on all sizes of pension funds, including larger schemes with a number of different and often complex/sizeable investments.
We advise on both regulated UCITS and unregulated arrangements, including hedge funds. We also work on cutting edge investments, including asset backed funding arrangements.
As one of the leading law firms for construction and infrastructure, we are particularly well versed in advising lenders and investors in infrastructure projects from street lighting to offshore wind farms.
We know that trustees and asset managers have interests which are different sides of the same coin but with an equal interest in managing the complexities of modern investing.
We can assist in:
- Selecting and appointing investment managers and custodians
- Reviewing and tailoring agreements on investment management, custodianship and transition management
- Analysing documentation for unit linked policies, hedge fund investments, partnerships, funds and derivatives
- Explaining and advising on the risks of unfamiliar investments – and checking the power to invest in them
- Monitoring compliance with the statement of investment principles
- Applying pensions, investments, property, insurance and banking law where appropriate
- Advising on offshore investments, using our colleagues in jurisdictions outside of the UK where necessary.
Read more about our Pensions services.