Public Sector Advice
Public sector pensions advice is specialist work, and the Pinsent Masons Pensions Law team has one of the most experienced groups in the country.
We advise on:
- Central government, including ministries and policymakers
- Local government
- Social housing organisations
- Universities and other educational establishments
The group has particular experience in
- Investments, including the special rules for the public sector, custody agreements and investment management agreements
- Dispute resolution, with a dedicated fixed-price Pensions Ombudsman Service
- Mergers, transfers, restructurings, and amalgamations of public sector bodies
- Employment issues of pensions, including unfair dismissal, redundancy and discrimination
The firm is appointed as a supplier of legal services under the Buying Solutions framework agreement (formerly known as catalist) for pensions issues.