We are extremely well connected within this market and are represented on all of the major industry bodies in this area. Indeed, we advise some of the key industry bodies involved in shaping the legislation for DC schemes.
This “inside track” means that we not only help with technical issues, compliance and implementation, we are a key strategic partner and consultant to our client base.
Our work in this area includes:
- Transition from one DC scheme to another (eg GPP to master trust)
- Establishing new DC trusts (master trusts and employer-own trusts)
- DC governance arrangements for trustees, employers and pension providers
- Strategic analysis of the charges and governance regime
- Investment, communications & procurement exercises.
Our DC practice also has particular expertise in the area of auto-enrolment. We advised on auto-enrolment in relation to five of the UK’s largest retailers and continue to assist with some of the most complex of implementation arrangements.
In particular, we are now working with employers in relation to:
- Immediate re-enrolment events after scheme / provider switches
- Triennial re-enrolment for larger employers.
Working with the regulatory authorities we have also helped employers to manage compliance issues and avoid regulatory penalties.
Independent Governance Committees
The following stories from Out-Law.com provide news and insight of relevance to Independent Governance Committees.
Read more about our Pensions services