Real Estate Tax
UK real estate continues to be an attractive asset class for UK institutional and non-resident investors. Structuring transactions requires the optimal combination of property, funding and tax requirements. Our real estate tax specialists advise on the tax structuring of the full range of real estate investment and development transactions, real estate financing and the structuring of real estate investment funds.
Working closely with our property and corporate specialists, our real estate tax team provides integrated real estate tax advice across all taxes including direct taxes, capital allowances, stamp duty land tax, VAT and environmental taxes.
We advise on structuring real estate investment funds for both UK resident and non-UK based investors.
Particular specialisms we cover include:
- Investment structuring and funding, including for student accommodation and residential projects
- Property development
- Advising non-resident investors on UK real estate investment
- Property investment structures, including limited partnerships, REITs and PAIFs
- Property fund restructuring and fund management
- Joint venture and partnering structures
- Regeneration projects
- Real estate financing
- Advising Capital & Counties Properties plc on the Earl's Court redevelopment
- Advising Lend Lease on the disposal of its interest in Overgate Shopping Centre
- Advising the Aviva Lime Fund on various forward funding transactions including a £38 million investment in a Premier Travel Inn at Heathrow and a £24 million investment in a WM Morrison supermarket at Leigh
- Advising major institutional investor on conversion of commercial assets to residential use
- Advising One North East regional development agency on the tax aspects of Project ONEDIN, a public-private partnership in relation to a development property portfolio
- Advising Wal-Mart/ASDA on the tax aspects of the sale of Gazeley, its property development subsidiary operating in Europe and Asia
- Advising Leeds City Council on refurbishment and ownership arrangements of major operational building
- Advising MC Income Plus Fund on real estate fund restructuring and conversion to unit trust
- Advising Mayfair Capital Partners Special Opportunities Fund on the establishment of a Guernsey open ended property fund