We assist clients to act responsibly and in compliance with the constantly changing regulatory environment covering manufacturers, importers, distributors and retailers of food. We understand the impact of changing regulation to your business and can help you adapt to it.
Product recall can be detrimental to reputation as well as finances and ever increasing punishment for regulatory breaches highlights the hard line view authorities now take.
Our experience in this area includes:
- representing a major retailer in connection with offences under the Food Safety Act and Food Labelling Regulations
- in connection with benzene contamination of carbon dioxide used in sparkling drinks
- in relation to contamination of baby food
- in relation to unfit meat supplied to a client by fraudulent supplier
- on the recall of spices and other food products contaminated with Sudan 1 & Para red
- in relation to the labelling of juice products, alcoholic beverages, and spreadable butter products
- "sell by" dates