The pace of technology change, and, in particular, digital technology - connected innovative technologies such as mobile, cloud, big data solutions and the 'internet of things' - has disrupted established markets and is transforming businesses and industries. We work with our clients to deliver business strategies to successfully meet these challenges.
Our specialist teams across the world act for both suppliers and customer organisations in both the public and private sectors. Clients include technology suppliers, multinational companies, central Government departments, international telecoms providers and technology companies exploring new markets and products.
Our simplicity of approach means we provide all of our clients with a full-service model across our technology hubs in the UK, Europe, Asia Pacific and Middle East.
We also offer Out-Law.com. A Webby award winner, Out-Law is the leading on-line technology law resource providing more than 10,000 pages of free news and information.
We provide a comprehensive range of advice and guidance including:
Recently shortlisted for TMT Team of the Year at the British Legal Awards, The Lawyer Awards and Legal Business Awards, the following are examples of our recent client successes:
- Acting for a global IT services provider in relation to a dispute with a UK public sector body with claims in excess of £500 million. This dispute involved the mobilisation of a team of in excess of twenty lawyers, including the client's legal team and counsel, plus experts in project programming (delay), software quality and quantum.
- Advising one of the largest private telecoms companies in the world on the transformation of its European logistics sourcing arrangements
- Advising a UK central government department on the procurement of its major IT outsourcing project, which also included advice on HR strategy and consultation procedures, as well as relevant TUPE provisions on entry and exit of the project.
- Advising a FTSE 100 global energy group on the renegotiation of its £600m outsourcing agreement following the supplier's failure to deliver a significant transformation programme. We advised on the renegotiation of the existing agreement and the successful move from a single-source model to a multi-source model, with the customer bringing some of the services in-house and assuming the role of service integrator, and re-procuring other services from alternative suppliers;
- Advising an Asia Pac supplier on an international dispute involving 16 telecommunications companies in relation to the delivery of a sub-marine cable system extending from Asia Pacific to Europe.
- Acting as the sole legal adviser to the UK Department of Culture Media and Sport's (DCMS) DCMS £530m BDUK project to deliver the fastest possible broadband network in Europe across the UK by 2015. This is a striking example of the team's ability to work with clients to deliver a cutting edge procurement project that will make a vital contribution to the Government's economic growth agenda.
- Working with a major UK central government department on a portfolio of service based projects, including complex procurement challenges and a tower based contracting approach, as well as advising on alternative service delivery models and contracts structures.
- Delivering an unprecedented landmark project for the Tax Incentivised Savings Association in the UK that affected the entire retail savings industry, including the introduction of a quicker process for investment platforms to transfer a customer's assets.