In liberalised telecoms markets, we have helped clients upgrade their technology and navigate the prescriptive and voluminous regulatory challenges that are required to go to market.
We focus on telecommunications infrastructure projects internationally, and have recently helped deliver projects in South Africa, Germany, Turkey, Jamaica, the Middle East, North Africa, Norway, Singapore, Russia and the CIS, and of course the UK.
We also understand that telecoms projects in emerging markets warrant advice that is both sector specific and delivered by people with extensive market experience and local knowledge. Our international team is renowned for this expertise.
Our clients include a number of high profile mobile operators, multi-national companies, service providers, telecoms vendors, fixed line operators, ISPs, suppliers, resellers, buyers of telecoms infrastructure services, financial institutions, private equity funds and customers.
Our telecommunications team offers a full service of legal expertise to clients: advising on corporate and mergers and acquisitions, dispute resolution, and outsourcing requirements. Clients rely on us for guidance on regulatory and privacy issues, cross-border approaches, and our skills to assist them in business transformation across various jurisdictions.
We fully understand market trends and all types of technology and can advise on the risks and challenges that arise. The following are examples of our recent client successes:
- Acting as the sole legal adviser to the UK Department of Culture Media and Sport's (DCMS) DCMS £530m BDUK project to deliver the fastest possible broadband network in Europe across the UK by 2015. This is a striking example of the team's ability to work with clients to deliver a cutting edge procurement project that will make a vital contribution to the Government's economic growth agenda.
- Representing DCMS in the UK on its Mobile Infrastructure Project, to improve the coverage and quality of mobile network services within hard-to-reach rural areas.
- Advising Nokia Solutions and Networks on an arbitration concerning a multi-billion EUR public sector telecommunications network in Norway.
- Advising a French multimedia group and a provider of digital media and entertainment services present in 17 countries in the world on all legal issues relating to its international operations.
- Advising a leading internet communications services company on regulatory issues across Africa.
- Acting for the founders of a conference and video-conferencing service on the sale of the company to a US listed acquirer and a global leader in collaboration and virtual meetings.
- Acting for the UK's leading independent provider of managed communication services on its refinancing with its banking syndicate.
- Advising a European mobile telecoms operator for the past 16 years in Germany on almost every aspect of the construction of its network infrastructure, from 2G to LTE.
- Advising a leading German car manufacturer on the development and operation of the company's newest high-profile user connectivity product line.
- Advising a Russian mobile telecoms operator on regulatory and compliance issues.
- Advising a global network infrastructure operator on turnaround projects in Hong Kong, Singapore and Norway.
- Representing an airport operator on all its in-building mobile infrastructure across seven airports