TMT and eCommerce
Our TMT and eCommerce team's approach allows us to anticipate all legal constraints to address operational needs. Our clients, ranging from multinational companies to government agencies, operate in an international and converging environment and we are committed to helping them both shape their markets and adapt to these changes.
The team supports a wide range of public and private companies as both vendors and buyers on all aspects of IT and technologies projects. Our lawyers have worked with most of the major players in the computer (hardware and software), emerging technologies, luxury & fashion, pharmaceutical and advertising industries.
Our in depth knowledge of the communications industry combined with our strong corporate and commercial capability are the keys to our ability to deliver proactive and highly effective legal advice to such a varied group of worldwide businesses.
We can help with:
- technology procurement
- outsourcing of IT, support and business functions
- software licensing and development
- distribution arrangements
- eCommerce – website contracts, domains, advertising, consumers protection and regulation
- data Protection and cybercrime
- gaming and gambling, regulatory and transactional
Recent highlights of our teams' work include:
- Advising a global satellite operator on the regulatory framework for satellite operations in Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and Indonesia
- Advising a telecoms operator, that spanned several African countries, in its purchase of content in Europe and India.
- Advising a French multinational company in relation to the theft of several millions of euros through a cyberfraud scheme spanned over 4 different countries and two continents
- Advising an international telecom operator on a multi-jurisidictional dispute over un-paid transit fees
- Advising an European telecom operator on the launch and management of a mobile network in Kosovo.
- Advising a company offering online payment solutions in relation to its compliance with data privacy regulation in 5 different EU member states in particular in relation to the launch of a m-payment solution
- Advising a manufacturer of gambling machines for the distribution of its cloud computing products in France
- Assisting a UK based social gaming company in its lobbying efforts in France in relation to the regulation of virtual goods and currencies.