Georgie is a partner and the Head of Environment at Pinsent Masons. Her practice includes advising clients on environmental regulatory and compliance issues arising in relation to day to day operations, litigation and risk management on environmental transactions and infrastructure projects.
Recent examples of Georgie's work include advising a:
- leading multinational oil and gas company on environmental and health and safety issues arising during the acquisition of a terminal, filling stations and petrol filling stations
- recycling and resource management company on multiple incidents across a range of facilities, including a review of operating systems and guidance on interaction with regulators
- insurer and the insured waste management company on nuisance claims by neighbours
- property developer on noise issues associated with development of a shopping centre surrounded by residential property
- property, construction and services company on the acquisition of an international infrastructure and business services group, involving due diligence on a range of sites and business activities
- global manufacturer on noise and smoke issues affecting neighbors
- manufacturing company on its carbon trading documentation and entitlement to carbon credits after a site closure after flooding
- major retailer on green leases, energy efficiency and carbon cost provisions.
Georgie is described in Legal 500 as being 'able to convert the intricacies of environmental law into practical advice'. She is ranked as a leader in her field, has lectured extensively and is co-author of a Sweet & Maxwell's first edition text entitled Property Transactions: Planning and Environment.