We have advised on FIDIC contracts for projects in Common Law, Civil Code as well as Sharia jurisdictions in Europe, Africa, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. In addition we have advised on contracts using English law or the local law as the governing law of the contract. We have advised extensively on the management of FIDIC contracts from contract signing to completion, and provide on-site training as appropriate.
- Advising a mine owner employer on a template construction services contract (based on the FIDIC Red Book) for use on mining projects in South Africa.
- Advising a UK utility in relation to procurement strategy for retrofit and major upgrading works to a coal fired power station, and drafting and negotiating construction contract, based on a FIDIC form.
- Acting for E.On, Dong and Masdar on London Array. At £2.2 billion, this is currently the world’s largest offshore wind farm, and almost exclusively FIDIC Yellow Book based.
- Acting successfully for a Contractor on 2 Major Arbitrations concerning the Baku Tiblisi Ceyhan Pipeline.
- Representing an employer in an UNCITRAL Arbitration commenced by the joint venture contractor, claiming additional time and money in excess of US$150 million in respect of the rehabilitation of a major international airport in the Middle East under a contract based on the FIDIC 4th Edition. The case was successfully settled by negotiation.
- Acting for Highland and Islands Enterprise in procuring a wave test centre in Orkney, using FIDIC Silver Book.
- Acting for a contractor engaged under the Silver Book for design and construction of various mining facilities in Russia and Africa.
- Acting for an employer in relation to design and construction of a deep harbour port and railway facilities in Africa, using a combination of an amended form of the Silver Book and the FIDIC Dredging forms.
- Advising an architect on an amended form of White Book as the basis of appointment for provision of design and project management services in relation to a retail development in Russia.
- Advising international mining major, Anglo American, on a template appointment form based on the White Book for the provision of Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management Services for concept study, feasibility and pre-feasibility study, and full EPCM contracts for mining facilities in South America, South Africa and Australia.
Sub Contract Forms
- The new Construction Sub Contract Form (for use with the Red Book) is in its infancy (with the First Edition published in 2011) but we have extensive experience of drafting subcontracts for use with the Red Book, Yellow Book and Silver Book forms, including acting for a UK contractor subcontracting works under the Red Book.