How to address situations where health impacts upon an employee’s performance or attendance and, in cases of disability, assess what adjustments are reasonable.
- Communicating with health experts and getting the best out of their reports
- Understanding the duty to make reasonable adjustments – when is it triggered and what is the purpose of the adjustment(s)?
- Setting improvement plans and making adjustments to “triggers” in your policy
- Maintaining momentum (when employee does not attend meetings or medical appointments)
- Facilitating/encouraging a [phased] return to work