This interactive, online workshop explores evolving case law and current thinking in relation to the fragmentation of outsourced services; and the potential practical impact of this on commercial outsourcing negotiations.
Participants attending this 90-minute virtual workshop will be able to:
- assess whether the provision of a service has been fragmented such that TUPE does not apply to the transfer of that service
- where TUPE does apply, propose how to divide a transferring worker's hours / activities between different transferees - and what happens if this is not possible
- anticipate these issues when bidding for contracts and suggest options to manage the risks arising in commercial agreements
- analysis of the practical implications of recent case law on the fragmentation of services and TUPE transfers
- current thinking about possible future developments in the Court of Appeal / Supreme Court