Over 2,300 in-house lawyers in 14 jurisdictions were asked to rate firms across a number of practice areas.
Pinsent Masons was named Law Firm of the Year for:
- International arbitration
- Litigation and dispute resolution
- Real estate/construction
- Telecommunications, media & technology
In-house counsel were able to nominate any firm of their acquaintance and were asked, amongst other things, for their comments on the quality and value of service they received from external counsel in their jurisdiction and where applicable, in other jurisdictions, as well as which firms they prefer to use for various activities.
Vincent Connor, head of Pinsent Masons Hong Kong office said, "To be recognised in this way by the community of people we work with every day, is thrilling. It tells me that what we do and the innovative way in which we deliver our services, is appreciated by our clients. Pinsent Masons has had a home in Hong Kong for 35 years, so we've worked with our clients through many economic cycles and have a real understanding of their needs and how business works here. Across Asia Pacific, our collaborative teams are working on delivering a range of creative solutions to meet the diverse needs of our clients."
The team in Hong Kong has been working on a number of innovations. These have included:
- Developing a digital learning platform for an in-house team to explain core concepts, digital legal risks and to cut through legalese - enabling lawyers to provide content for ongoing client training.
- Developing a cloud portal – which is a legal risk management service for parties involved in infrastructure and energy projects. The portal is used by project teams to aid legal understanding of risks and opportunities; help simplify contractual processes and increase the likelihood of compliance; develop management, reports and record keeping procedures; and gain readily available legal advice.